Alot of individuals assume BBQs are all concerning the meat and the beer, however for me, alfresco eating is all about recent, seasonal meals and lightweight, wholesome meals. So, whether or not you’re internet hosting a giant BBQ for all your mates, otherwise you’re a visitor and need to take one thing mild and wholesome that everybody will love, the next two recipes ought to hit the spot! First up is the Wild Rice Salad recipe from my e-book Eat Lovely, which is at all times successful due to the nutty combination of the wild and brown rice. Subsequent is my Frozen Banana Lollies, additionally from my e-book, that are a beautiful summer time dessert various which have skin-benefiting elements and are simply as scrumptious as business ice lollies. They’re nice for exhibiting off to friends at a BBQ. Get pleasure from!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Wild Rice Salad
That is considered one of my buddy Dom’s signature dishes and it’s a actual winner. The beautiful nutty texture of untamed rice works so completely – an awesome addition to a summer time barbecue.
440 CALORIES PER SERVING
- Boil every rice in frivolously salted water following the packet directions. Drain and rinse below chilly water.
- In the meantime, toast the pistachios in a dry pan over a medium warmth for 2-3 minutes, tossing continuously in order that they don’t burn. Take away and frivolously crush.
- Place the rice in a serving bowl, add the lemon juice, mint, rocket, garlic and dried fruit, and mix properly.
- Drizzle over the oil, then season and sprinkle the toasted nuts excessive to serve.
Frozen Banana Lollies
102 CALORIES PER SERVING
400ml coconut or unsweetened almond milk
2 massive bananas, peeled
2 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp shredded coconut
Handful of floor hazelnuts (or further shredded coconut) for dipping
This frozen combination of mashed up banana, coconut cream and honey makes a gorgeously creamy deal with through the summer time months. It’s simply as candy as a business iced lolly however with a pure and fascinating flavour with a number of skin-feeding actives as properly.
- Pour half of the milk right into a meals processor and add the bananas, honey and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, then course of till clean.
- In a bowl, whisk collectively the remaining coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide the banana combination between six lolly moulds.
- Layer the coconut combination on prime of the banana combination, then depart in a freezer for at the very least 6 hours or till fully frozen.
- Take away the lollies from their moulds by dipping them in heat water for 10 seconds. Tip the bottom hazelnuts (or shredded coconut) right into a deep bowl, then dip the highest 5-8cm of every lolly into the nuts to coat.
- Place the lollies again within the freezer to set. They are going to be prepared after 5 minutes or everytime you fancy one.
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.