Not solely is consuming recent, seasonal elements good for you, it’s good for the planet, too. Clearly, what’s recent and native will depend upon the place you’re, however in my ebook Eat Lovely I’ve loads of strategies to get you began with skin-friendly meals and wholesome recipe concepts for spring, summer season, autumn and winter. Aubergine (or eggplant, should you’re within the States!) is a good spring favorite and has a number of well being advantages. Aubergine accommodates flavonoids whose antioxidant properties assist counteract the indicators of ageing in addition to selling coronary heart well being. The tastiest solution to get your consumption this season? With my scrumptious baked aubergine recipe, after all!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
433 energy per serving
2 aubergines, sliced in half lengthways
2 tbsp olive oil
1 vegetable inventory dice
2 shallots, chopped
2 handfuls of spinach
2 garlic cloves, chopped
15g Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 210 °C/190 °C fan.
- Place the aubergines, reduce aspect up, on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and bake for 20 minutes or till tender.
- In the meantime, place the quinoa in a pan and add the inventory dice and 360ml of water. Deliver to the boil, scale back the warmth and simmer for 20 minutes. Prepare dinner lined for the final 5 minutes to make the quinoa sticky.
- When the aubergines are performed, scoop out the insides, leaving the skins on the tray. Switch the flesh right into a meals processor and add the shallots.
- Put the spinach and garlic in a sieve and pour boiling water over to blanch. Add to the meals processor and whizz till clean. Place in a bowl and stir within the quinoa.
- Grate the Parmesan into the quinoa combine earlier than spooning again into the aubergine skins. Bake for one more 5 minutes or serve instantly.
READ NEXT: Pores and skin-Pleasant Frittata | Breakfast Wraps | Flourless Orange Cake
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.